Friday, November 19, 2010

Holiday Traditions: INTRO

Fall is the time of year when I feel the need to pull out all the cranberry and vanilla scented candles and deck every inch of my home in decorations nothing short of warm and inviting. The holiday season is finally upon us and the crisp, cold chill in the air has made its appearance and finally decided to stay. With all the changes that happen in every fall season, I have been inspired to create new traditions this year for Thanksgiving.

You see, this will be my first time to actually cook a Thanksgiving dinner. Most memories I have of Thanksgiving include the years I traveled to New York with my high school drama department. To me, Thanksgiving was always about putting on the warmest tights, bundling up in several scarfs and a heavy coat, and walking several blocks to a chic French restaurant with several of my closest pals and about a hundred other strangers, not to mention catching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade next to Times Square. There is something very cool about New York City during the holidays. It simply transforms before your very eyes and becomes a magical playland for holiday shoppers and sight-seeing tourists. Ahhhh New York... such an amazing city. But alas, this Thanksgiving will be one of only a few I remember spending close to home, and this year I am starting my own traditions which I hope I can carry on for years to come.

With a cup of something warm in my hand at all times, I am beginning my quest to finding the perfect traditions and whimsy to add to this special holiday. Throughout my journey, I will share some of the ideas and tips I find so you can make your holiday season special, too.

Happy Planning!
L.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment